Greetings members and friends!
I hope this President’s Message finds you safe and well! As we maneuver during this time of COVID, we can prepare ourselves for when things return to the new normal. Yes, there will be a new normal. Meanwhile, we can prepare ourselves and our attorneys for the next trial. Trials will eventually return, and we will be ready! Here are a few things to be mindful of when preparing our attorney(s) for trial.
- Recognize the pressures of preparing for trial.
- Staying organized is key.
- Our role as a legal secretary or legal assistant requires us to be understanding during trial preparation and to be prepared for the many changes that may occur.
- Be mindful of important dates and deadlines. 100 days before trial has many deadlines. Be sure to keep track of those deadlines. The form below, 100 Days Before Trial Guide (copyright of LPI) is very helpful.
- It is important to have contact information for everyone on the team (clients, witnesses, experts, etc.) to communicate any changes that may occur.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
The Call for Officer Nominations usually takes place during the month of April. But due to COVID, officer elections will not take place until 2022.
Please visit the LPI website at www.lsi.org to learn about the many upcoming virtual opportunities and training webinars.
Stay safe and well!
Rita Burnett, CCLS
President, Los Angeles Legal Secretaries Association