Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Patent Coordinator – IP Litigation Administrative Coordinator
The IP Litigation Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Intellectual Property Litigation team.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Intellectual Property Litigation team by assisting and supporting our litigation teams in U.S. and global intellectual property litigations including maintaining electronic databases. Candidate will also draft correspondence, e-mails, engagement letters; obtain references, case law, patents, file histories; organize materials, etc.
Duties will include PowerPoint presentation preparation, word processing, scheduling meetings and video conferences, coordinating travel arrangements, and utilizing on-line services (document orders, shipping, office supplies, etc.), copying and scanning. The candidate will be interacting with U.S. and global litigation counsel and support staff. The candidate will also be expected to perform the following tasks: Review, prioritize and flag high priority communications (emails, pleadings, and documentation) for timely and appropriate response; use internal contacts to provide prompt responses to inquiries from staff at all levels of the various organizations impacted by the client; timely prepare and process expense reports; assist with billing and budget matters; and maintain retrieve filed pleadings, information and correspondence to ensure immediate access to information.
This position will be a hybrid position at Amgen Thousand Oaks site..
Associate’s degree & 2 years of Legal experience
High school diploma/GED & 4 years of Legal experience
- Recent litigation experience in a law firm or corporate law department; patent prosecution experience a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a law firm
- Exceptional communication skills – oral and written
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and manage several projects simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, creative, flexible and team player\
- Must be within a “commutable distance to our Amgen Thousand Oaks Campus” but that we are operating under Flexspace
To apply for this job please visit amgen.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.