We aspire to two simple but lofty goals: to provide everyone we encounter with a better law firm experience and to make a career for everyone who works here.
Tucker Ellis LLP Los Angeles seeks a team player who is flexible and organized to support multiple attorneys. The position requires a minimum of 5 years litigation experience in a law firm environment.
Knowledge of California and Federal court rules and procedures, legal forms, ECF filings, File & ServeXpress and experience with court filing procedures. Candidates must be proficient in Word, including but not limited to, completing tables, bookmarking, and styling documents. Strong proofreading skills, attention to detail and solid grammar/spelling skills. This position requires the ability to work in a fast‑paced, voluminous environment and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with attorneys and co‑workers.
- Prepare court filings for state, federal, and appellate courts (electronic filings and traditional filings), including creating table of authorities and table of contents; and deliver the wide range of standard litigation secretarial services.
- Proofread and edit legal documents.
- Prepare and execute legal filings; and maintain knowledge of outside governmental agencies, courts, etc. and other relevant resources.
- Schedule depositions, court appearances, and other meetings; and deal professionally with courts, opposing counsel, and legal agencies and authorities as appropriate.
- Open new files, requests conflict of interest checks with file room records, and maintains all client and general files.
- Schedule appointments for attorney(s) and arrange for travel.
- Review, edit and process bills; preparation of expense reports.
- Establish and maintain Attorney calendars.
- Work closely with administrative support staff (mailroom, copy room, receptionist, etc.).
- Assist with overflow and special projects and contribute to firm-wide team objectives.
Interested candidates, please e‑mail your resume and cover letter to Carol Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.Litigation Legal Assistant - Tucker Ellis (2021.11.02)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com